2015 was a year of CONNECTIONS at United Way Services of Geauga County. We are operating in a whole new way which has helped us be proactive and increasingly responsive to the community. We’ve listened to our agencies, businesses, schools and residents and CONNECTED them to opportunities where we can begin to work together to develop long-term solutions for Geauga’s greatest challenges.
Through the development of collaborative groups in Education, Income and Health and we are working together to create positive long-term change. Our commitment to the people of Geauga County remains strong: we want every child to enter kindergarten ready to learn, every family to be financially stable, and everyone to have access to the resources they need to live a healthy life. We continue to remain focused on the needs of our most at risk residents - seniors, individuals with disabilities, low-income families and children.
The Geauga Education Collaborative Goal- Increase early school success
• Increase access to early childhood learning experiences
• Support students in grades K-3
• Support parenting education
The Geauga Income Collaborative Goal- Increase financial stability
• Connect individuals with services to help them secure/retain gainful employment
• Increase access to transportation
• Increase access to existing affordable housing
The Partnership for a Healthy Geauga Goal- Increase disease prevention and access to health care
• Increase health screenings and treatment option
• Increase access to behavioral healthcare
• Implement substance abuse prevention programs
We are connected to the community now more than ever. We hope you will continue to support our work and stay connected to us.
Together, we can do so much more than we can alone.